Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Otto's for Sunday Brunch

This Sunday my homies and I went out for a Sunday Brunch at Otto's in Mainstrasse Village. My homies being my husband and two daughters. It's a cafe, or a bar, or something; but they have killer brunch on Sundays. Their website can be found here.


If I had to describe this place in one word.... hmm, I couldn't. Home-y, artsy, quaint, southern friendly- like you're in the south. I mean they do serve Shrimp n Grits for dinner after all. I love Shrimp n Grits. I was meant to live in a big Georgia mansion in another lifetime, except I don't believe in other lifetimes, but you know, I can still use the saying.



If only my wiggly worm would stay still for 5 seconds for my camera to auto focus, this would be my ultimate favorite picture. It's still pretty up there on the list though.


We had a good time and kids were civilized halfway into my Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast, so I'd call it a win for a restaurant outing.



The french toast was unreals. It should defiantly make it to the Food Network in my opinion.They also served fresh peach sangria that made the meal perfect. As my side I got a potato cake full of creamy potato and peppers. 


Hub and the girls got Belgian Waffles topped with strawberries and blueberries and that crispy little tart is a piece of goetta. Although I love food, I can't consider myself a foodie because I couldn't tell you what makes a waffle Belgian as appose to a regular ole' waffle. One day I'll learn all the secrets. 


We love to go to and contribute to small businesses around the city. That being said, we of course occasion Cracker Barrel and IHop from time to time, but there is just something you can get from these places that you can't get from the big chains. I would definitly suggest it as one of my little gems in our city to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails