Sunday, May 13, 2012

Motherhood

Five years ago (and a few months) I was shopping for a baptism gown with my mother. A few hours later I was having a baby.

Back then, even though I had roughly 9 months to prepare myself, I had no idea what being a mother meant and had no idea what I was doing.

I was clueless, shocked, overwhelmed, sleep deprived, but so in love. It was the most overwhelming time in my life because everything changed when I gave birth to that little black haired girl.

Over 5 years and another little bald girl I think I have finally found my grove. I am still clueless about a lot of things and still overwhelmed at times, but more than anything else in my life I try my best and then some when it comes to motherhood. The love I have for these little girls is like no other and comes with this intense drive to do great things, achieve more, give purpose to life, and find the joys in the days.





It's a rainy Mother's Day around here and we very well may spend a day eating a late breakfast, movies on Netflix, and a lot of popcorn eating. I don't think I could think of a better way to spend the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails