Saturday, March 19, 2011

I love Saturday Mornings

There is just something so awesome about a morning where we can all sleep in wake up with Barbies in our hands:


and a four year old begging you to play. Only to realize that you have to be at swim lessons in exactly 8 minutes. I had envisioned the 4 of us waking each Saturday morning and going to the indoor pool at our community center as a family when I signed my first born up for Saturday morning swim lessons.

It has yet to happen.

We are not morning people, at all.

If I had it my way, I would sleep until noon every day. It's not that I'm lazy (but sometimes I am), it's just that I thrive in the evening and night. I feel awake and alert and am more human like in contrast to my morning zombie like state. That's one of the many reasons I chose nursing, you can work any time because nurses are always needed.

Anyway, back to Saturday mornings where linger in bed as long as possible and breakfast is actually closer to lunch time. I just love it. I love that the weekend if ahead, full of possibilities. Empty pages to pack full of memories and getting things accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am the same way! I am not a morning person. I am definitely a person who is more alert and accomplishes much more in the afternoon and evening and sometimes even into the night...(but not the middle of the night.) My husband is actually a morning person. He can wake up early in the morning and be completely awake, refreshed and ready to go! It is amazing to me!! I also would sleep in until noon every day if I could!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails