Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day Trip To Savannah

I'm always very excited to go to Savannah, the city just exudes the south and southern hospitality. 


Riley was excited about it too! See?

 
We walked along River Street, which conveniently had fireworks the night before we were there and the night after. I suppose it was not meant to be. 


We rode Dotty the street car which was a fun experience! The driver was the nicest man ever and it played a prerecorded message about Savannah, the history, and things to do while there.






We browsed all the unique little stores. 
Bought junk food here and had dinner at Huey's. My husband even bought us roses made out of palm leaves from the people along River Street. It was a beautiful evening. 
We'll be back Savannah, if not only for your cornbread!

1 comment:

  1. oh man, looks like an awesome place to visit. I would love to look through those stores...my kinda thing. I have never been to Savannah..sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails